To understand Krav Maga, you must know its history.
Timeline of Krav Maga:
- 1910: May 26, Imi Sde-Or (Lichtenfeld) is born
- 1928 – 1935: Imi’s wrestling, boxing and gymnastics career
- 1940: Imi boardsthe ‘Pencho’ from Europe to Palestine (Israel)
- 1940 – 1942: Imi joins the British Army in the Czechoslovak Legion, serving nearly two years
- 1942: Imi joins ‘Haganah’ – teaching knife and stick fighting
- 1948: Imi joins the IDF – later becoming Head of Hand to Hand Combat (Krav Maga) in the IDF
- 1964: Imi retires from the IDF and opens two Krav Maga clubs in Natanya and Tel Aviv.
This marks the beginning of Israeli self-defense Krav Maga.
- 1974: Imi retires from active teaching and gives his Natanya club to Eli Avikzar
- 1978: Creation of the first Israeli Krav Maga Association (IKMA)
- 1981: The first Instructor’s Course for Americans in Israel takes place
- 1989: Formation of the Israeli Krav Maga Association (KAMI) Eli Avikzar (Eyal Yanilov’s first Krav Maga teacher)
- 1993: Creation of the Association of Krav Maga International-Kapap by Haim Zut
- 1995: International Krav Maga Federation (IKMF) is created by Eyal Yanilov, Avi Moyal, Gabi Noah and Eli Ben-Ami
- 1998: Imi passes away in peace
- 1999: Darren Levine creates Krav Maga World Wide
- 2010: Gabi Noah forms the Gabi Noah International Krav Maga (IKM)
- 2010: Eyal Yanilov creates Krav Maga Global (KMG)
As the demand for the Israeli fighting style Krav Maga is growing, with large organizations becoming more and more political and commercial, instructors are breaking away from these organizations, forming their own branches. Organizations are searching for a connection to Israel through highly trained instructors to provide professional support.
Expert Amnon Darsa’s years of experience will provide the highest level of Israeli Krav Maga, taking you, your instructors, and club to new levels.
No monthly/yearly payments for organization membership.
No elaborate contracts.
No nonsense Krav Maga.
High level, professional and fun training.
Multilingual communication in English, French and Hebrew.
Great training atmosphere.
Customized training based on your personal needs.
For the best Israeli self-defense Krav Maga contact Expert Amnon Darsa.